PRESS RELEASES 2021
November 09, 2021
ACTEGA’s Expanded Range of Shrink Sleeve Coatings and Inks Designed to Increase the Competitive Edge of Converters and Brands
Brands are constantly looking for ways to differentiate their products to stand out on a competitive store shelf, and these new coatings are the latest innovations from ACTEGA, designed with the consumer experience and brand identity in mind.
November 09, 2021
ACTEGA Artística receives the FSSC 22000 certification
- As the first and only water-based sealant manufacturer, ACTEGA Artística recently received the Food Safety System Certification 22000.
- The certification grants, that the manufacturing processes and conditions of ARTISTICA water-based sealants for metal packaging follow the strict food safety management practices valid for the food and beverage supply chain.
- The FSSC 22000 certification for ACTEGA Spain/ACTEGA Artística has been issued in June 2021.
September 28, 2021
ACTEGA Announces Management Appointments to Support Business Growth and Drive Product Innovation
- Jan Franz Allerkamp to lead ACTEGA’s Paper and Board Business Line
- Stephan Plenz appointed as interim General Manager of ACTEGA Metal Print
AUGUST 09, 2021
Half-year results: ALTANA posts double-digit growth
- Sales 24 percent above previous year’s level
- EBITDA margin 21 percent in the first half year
- Further milestones achieved in innovation and climate protection
- Forecast for the full year raised
June 29, 2021
ACTEGA Introduces Sustainable Silver Coatings That Deliver Sterling Results
Five WESSCO® POLAR UV silver coatings offer a range of sustainability and premium quality benefits
JUNE 15, 2021
ACTEGA Launches Signite to Transform the ‘No Label Look’ Market and Provide a Zero Waste Future
- Contract Decorators to benefit immediately from an 50% reduction in label waste
- Revolutionary technology to unlock a profitable and sustainable label future
May 10, 2021
ALTANA Acquires Closure Materials Business from Henkel
- Acquisition of technologies and customer relationships
- Integration into ACTEGA division
- In particular, expansion of PVC-free solutions
MARCH 29, 2021
ACTEGA Launches World’s First Dual Cure Soft Touch Coating for Laminate Tubes
- New profit driving solution for manufacturers of laminate and extruded tubes
- Previous issues of abrasion and staining solved by new ACTEGA coating
March 19, 2021
2020 Results: ALTANA’s sales down only slightly, EBITDA exceeds previous year’s level
- Sales of 2,178 million euros, 3 percent below the previous year’s level
- ACTEGA division grows by 9 percent
- EBITDA increases by 2 percent to 426 million euros
- Research and development spending remains at a high level
- CO2 footprint reduced by 50 percent
- Forecast for 2021: growth in the course of economic recovery
February 15, 2021
New Gold level Material Health Certificate for ACTEGA FoodSafe Coatings Presents a Golden Opportunity for Safe, Sustainable Packaging Production
ACTEGA FoodSafe product range awarded Gold level Material Health Certificate by the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.
January 25, 2021
ACTEGA Takes Leadership Position on Food Safety with Removal of Bisphenol A and Epoxysilane from ACTEbond® Laminating Adhesives
New capability to provide ACTEbond® customers with valuable competitive advantage for production of flexible stand-up pouches free of potentially hazardous chemicals.